top of page
National Workshop on "Accreditation,Quality, Improvement and Ranking in Higher Education - A Road map Ahead" held on 8-9 July 2019 conducted by TSCHE in association with CCE & RUSA
National Workshop on “Accreditation, Quality, Improvement and Ranking in Higher Education – Road Map Ahead” The 2 day National Workshop on “Accreditation, Quality Improvement and Ranking in Higher Education – Road Map Ahead” Jointly organised by TSCHE, CCE & RUSA. The Workshop deliberated on the following themes:
Internationalisation and reputation management of Higher Education- Road Map ahead.
University Impact on SGD’s
IT in Higher Education
Round Table on Accreditation , Quality improvement and Ranking Higher Education
Notable speakers included:
1. Dr. Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Principal Secretary, IT & C Dept, Government of Telangana.
2. Sri Navin Mittal, IAS, Commissioner of Technical Education & Collegiate Education, Government of Telangana
3. Dr. D.N. Rao, President, VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyd.
4. Prof. G. Gopal Reddy, Member,University Grants Commission (UGC)
5. Dr. K. Rama, Advisor,NAAC, Bangalore.
6. Prof. Mona Khare, Professor, Head, National University of Education Planning and Administration, Delhi.
7. Prof. (Mrs) Pankaj Mittal, Secretary General, Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
8. Prof. T. Papi Reddy, Chairman, Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
9. Prof. R. Limbadri, Vice-Chairman, Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
10. Prof. V. Venkata Ramana, Vice-Chairman, Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
11. Prof. N.V. Ramana Rao Director, National Institute of Technology, Warangal
12. Mr. Michael Lubacz, Brand Director & General Manager,Times Higher Education, Singapore.
13. Mr. Ritin Malhotra, Regional Director (South Asia), Times Higher Education, Singapore.
Sri. Jayesh Ranjan spoke about steps being taken by the Govt of Telangana and also steps to strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem. He made a detailed presentation about T-Hub and other initiatives taken to make students of Telangana more employable. He further added that there is a growing trend to become entrepreneurs amongst students and hence the Higher educational system has to gear up to face these new realities.
Prof. G. Gopal Reddy spoke about UGC Schemes, National Educational Plan, Autonomy, Filling of faculty and Vice Chancellors to enable the smooth functioning of Universities in the country. He promised full support to the Universities in Telangana from UGC side to strengthen the quality initiatives.
Prof. Pankaj Mittal spoke about Internet of Things(IoT), Changing Curriculum, Industry Readiness, Internalization, Quality improvement, Sectoral focus and Excellence. She complimented TSCHE for taking up such a very good theme which is most contemporary and beneficial to the Higher education system.
Sri Navin Mittal,IAS spoke about the Quality in Government Colleges, DOST, and increase in enrolment in government colleges by 39%.
Prof. T. Papi Reddy stated that TSCHE would extend full support to colleges in Telangana to seek accreditation and Prof. Limbadri highlighted the need for peer review and also quality enhancement.
Prof. V.Venkata Ramana explained about the various activities being undertaken by TSCHE in association with different agencies and proposed the Vote of Thanks. .
The participants expressed deep satisfaction for the successful conduct of the program.
bottom of page